How to Create Backup and Restore in SQL Server 2008
- Step by Step Backup Procedure in SQL Management Studio
- Restore Procedure in SQL Server
If you want to know how to backup and restore procedure is carried out in SQL Management studio for MDF file database then user need to follow given below following steps.
Backup Procedure in SQL Management Studio
- At very first open SQL Server Management Studio
Go to Start button --> All Programs –> MS SQL Server 2008-> SQL Server Management Studio
- In next window user will see a pop-window as given below where you need to fill some credentials to connect to the SQL Server.
- After clicking on Connect button you will see the list of the databases click on the required one to take backup as given below picture showing master123 database. Then explore it by clicking on plus button.
- In next step select Tasks and then Back up option as depicted below.
- Next window select Backup type – Full and then Destination path for the file to be saved. Then click Ok button.
- At the same time in above STEP select Backup type – Transaction Log and Destination path for the file to be saved.Then Click Ok. "Transaction log backup is strictly required so that database will be restored".
- After that Backup Execution process status will be shown on the left bottom corner.
- At last Window will show successful completion message as below. Then click Ok.
- Follow the Address bar path like C:\MSSQL10_50.MSSQLSERVER\MSSQL\Backup to view backup file.
- Follow Starting 3 steps of the Backup procedure as above explained.
- To restore selected database right click on the database then Tasks – Restore and then Database.
- Next Window will show full backup database and transaction log backup file, select both file and click on Ok button.
- By clicking on On button in left botton corner Execution Process will be shown.
- After execution process completion a successful restore database message will be come up on the screen. Then click Ok.
By following above manual steps user will be able to take backup and backup database restore procedure. But while following steps there might be possibilities that user can get error messages or database damage and if these steps dont results in the required goal or somehow fails to restore database then there is another method i.e. SQL backup recovery tool. It will restore damaged backup database very safely without having any interruptions. Download demo version of the tool free of cost which will show restored database items preview.