Encountered Error: 18456 While Login In SQL Account
Sometimes when we try to connect to MS SQL Server database, it does not connect and throws up an error that says:
This error is received when connection request is being sent to Server but due to some reasons it is not able to accept it. You can determine the true reason for this failure, by checkout server's error log where corresponding entries are maintained
2014-05-06 00:02:00.34 Logon Error: 18456, Severity: 14, State: 8.
2014-52-06 00:02:00.34 Logon Login failed for user '(user name)'. [CLIENT: (ip address)]
The word State in the message states the accurate sources of problem which are responsible for rising of error 183456. In this type of error message the state indicates a no’s like 1, 2,3,5,6,7,8,9,11,12,13,18. These numbers shows the reasons of the occurrence of this error 18456 by which you can correct it.
- State 1 shows the problem is associated with wrong username and password.
- Similarly State 2 and 5 signifies that UserID entered by user is invalid.
- State 6 shows you that you have attempt to use Windows login name with SQL Authentication.
- State 7 comes when login disabled due to password mismatch. It means that user tying to login through wrong password.
- State 8 Password Mismatch. It specifies that the password entered doesn’t matches to the appropriate password.
- State 9 refers Invalid Password
- State 11 implies that it is a valid login but Server access failure
- State 13 SQL Server Service paused
- State 18 appears when user change his password with a new one but he is still trying to login through old password.
Such types of error creating a serious trouble like situations which can be resolve only by external SQL password recovery software. This password reset software prudentially solves error18546 and its different state levels without any harm. Using SQL password reset software you can ultimately login in SQL SA and User account and execute operation on the SQL database.